ActiveTrainingWorld are now offering Open Water Swim Coaching Sessions at Merchant Taylors School.
These sessions are organised by Active Training World and supported by our coaching partner Aloha Tri
Using the existing ATW Open Water Swimming sessions, we are able to offer 1-to-1 and group sessions, which are fully coached. Please book a session below and Aloha Tri will confirm the exact date and time with you personally, if you book a 1:1, 1:2 or private group session. (The group sessions are on Wednesday at specific times.)
Aloha Tri 1:1 and 1:2 Coached Open Water Sessions
These are aimed at beginners to the sport of open water swimming and intermediate swimmers looking to improve their skills in the open water for triathlon and distance swimming. If you want personal feedback on your stroke technique or are not confident with swimming in open water, then these sessions are perfect for you.
The sessions are held Monday – Friday evenings and Saturday – Sunday mornings.
Swimmers must be aged 10yrs and above (as at 31/12/2020) and able to swim 400m in a pool nonstop.
Aloha Tri Group Coached Open Water Sessions
We are now also offering group sessions with up to 5 people per coach (following current Covid19 coaching rules). There will be up to three types of sessions available:
- a beginner
Depending on demand more than one coach may be working at a time to allow up to 10 participants in each session.
These sessions will be at a lower hourly rate per person compared to individual lessons and concentrate on open water skills such as mass starts, drafting and sighting. Technique advice will be given but we won’t be able to give as much personalised feedback as we do in individual lessons. Therefore, if you are looking for some open water skills and small amounts of feedback on your stroke then these sessions are for you.
These type of group sessions will be held only on Wednesday evenings:
- 6-7pm – Beginner (can swim 400m non-stop, relatively new to open water)
- 7-8pm – Intermediate (can swim 750m non-stop, done some open water but would like to improve skills)
- 8-9pm – Advanced (experienced open water swimmer who wants to practice specific open water skills and improve speed.)
In addition to the above Wednesday group sessions, you can also book private group sessions. You can also book these on this page and Aloha Tri will contact you to arrange a day and time.
All prices include the cost of a swim session
- 1:1 Individual Coaching Session 1hr: £55.
- 1:2 Group Coaching Session. Book with a friend 1hr: £84
- 1:4 or 5 Group Coaching Session 1hr: £24
- Book as an individual, entrants will be grouped together and the session only goes ahead once we have 4 people booked on. These sessions will be on a Wednesday evening and entrants will be grouped as per their skill level (as above).
By entering this session you agree to the below terms and conditions
(1) I declare that I am medically fit to take part & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk and that I can swim 400m non-stop.
(2) I agree to my contact details being shared with Aloha Tri in order for them to arrange my session with me direct
(3) I understand that I enter at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the session.
(4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
(5) I understand that I must adhere to the strict social distancing rules when attending the sessions and that if found to be flaunting the rules I will be instantly banned from all future ATW open water swimming sessions.
(6) I understand that this session is not covered by Refund Protect.
- 01/06/2020 - 21/09/2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Merchant Taylors' School
If you are driving to the venue please remember that you must either come on your own or with members of your own household.
On arrival, please follow the ATW parking signs to reach the car park. Please make use of the full car park area and spread out to allow everyone to have a degree of privacy when changing and maintain a minimum of 2m social distancing.